If you’re not on Instagram, you’re missing out on a massive opportunity to reach your target audience and build brand awareness. But it’s not just about having a presence on the platform. The key to Instagram post ideas is engagement. Likes, comments, shares, and saves – these are the metrics that matter. When your audience engages with your content, it signals to Instagram that your content is valuable and worthy of being shown to more people. This means more visibility, more followers, and, ultimately, more sales.
With over 1 billion active monthly users, Instagram is an absolute goldmine for businesses of all shapes and sizes. The numbers speak for themselves. Don’t just take our word for it. As per the Sprout Social Index, Instagram is one of the top three social media platforms. With 49% of consumers and 59% of marketers intending to utilize it in the upcoming year, it is crucial to take notice of the platform’s vital metrics. Ignoring it could prove to be costly.
Besides, another study suggests 35% of Instagram users will make a purchase on the platform in 2023. This speaks volumes about the importance of engagement for any Instagram post ideas for your businesses. But what exactly is engagement, and how can your growth marketing agency help with it?
What does Engagement Mean on Instagram?
Engagement is the heart and soul of any business on Instagram! It’s an important aspect of growth marketing strategies that is all about creating content that speaks to your audience and ignites their interest, sparking a flurry of likes, comments, shares, and saves. These interactions can lead to increased visibility, credibility, and, ultimately, revenue.
Engagement can take many forms, from liking a post to sharing it with friends or even saving it for later. The more engagement a business receives, the higher its reach and visibility on Instagram, and the more likely it is to attract new followers and customers.
To increase engagement, businesses must create compelling content that speaks to their target audience’s interests and needs. They can also encourage engagement by including calls to action (CTAs) in their posts, such as asking followers to like, comment, or share the post. With the right strategy in place, businesses can drive significant growth and success on the platform.
Best Instagram Post Ideas to Boost Engagements
A good Instagram post idea can take your account from mediocre to amazing by elevating engagement levels and building a strong community of followers. So why settle for average engagement when you can elevate it to new heights with great Instagram post ideas? Here are some ideas that might just do the work for your business.
Share Personal Stories
There’s something special about personal stories – they have the power to connect people on a deeper level. That’s why sharing personal stories on Instagram can be a great way to humanize your brand, create a deeper connection with the audience, and build a populace around your brand.
In a world where social media can often feel superficial and detached, sharing personal stories on Instagram is a way to inject some authenticity and genuine emotion into your brand. Moreover, personal stories can also inspire and motivate your audience.
For instance, if you share stories of your struggles and how you overcame them, it can give hope and inspiration to others who may be going through similar challenges. This can also help to build trust with your audience, as they see that you are willing to be vulnerable and honest about your own journey.
There are a few key strategies that can help maximize engagement and foster deeper connections with your audience:
- Be Authentic: The key to successful personal storytelling is authenticity. Don’t be afraid to share stories that showcase the real people behind your brand, even if they’re not always picture-perfect. This authenticity can help build trust and make your brand more relatable.
- Stay On Brand: While it’s important to be authentic, it’s also important to stay on brand. Make sure that the stories you share align with your brand’s values and messaging.
- Use a Mix of Story Formats: Instagram offers several different story formats, including photos, videos, reels, and IGTV. Use a mix of these formats to keep your content fresh and engaging.
- Keep it Relevant: Your personal stories should be relevant to your audience and provide value. Consider how your stories can help your audience connect with your brand or inspire them in some way.
- Encourage Engagement: Ask your followers to share their own personal stories in the comments, or ask them to share their thoughts on the story you’ve shared.
By following these strategies, businesses can effectively incorporate personal storytelling into their Instagram strategy and increase engagement with their audience. And as an added bonus, encouraging your followers to share their own personal stories in the comments can create a sense of togetherness.
Asking your followers questions on Instagram is a fantastic way to encourage engagement, build relationships with your audience, and boost your brand’s visibility on the platform.
Here’s how it works: When you ask a question, you invite your followers to participate in a conversation. This creates a sense of community and belonging, and it also gives your followers a chance to express their opinions, share their experiences, and feel heard. Plus, the more engagement your posts receive, the more likely they are to be seen by even more people on the platform.
So, what kind of questions should you ask? The possibilities are endless, but here are a few ideas to get you started:
“What’s your favorite product in our line?”
“What’s the best vacation you’ve ever taken?”
“What’s your go-to productivity hack?”
“What’s your favorite quote that inspires you?”
“What’s your biggest challenge in [insert your industry/niche here]?”
Once you’ve decided on your question, make sure to encourage your followers to answer it in the comments. You can do this by using a call-to-action in your caption or by adding a fun sticker to your Instagram Story. And don’t forget to respond to your followers’ comments and keep the conversation going!
Asking questions on Instagram doesn’t have to be complicated. With a little creativity and some strategic thinking, you can use the power of questions to engage your audience, build brand awareness, and grow your business on the platform.
Polls and Tips and Tutorials
Did you know that 58% of Instagram users say they become more interested in a brand or product after seeing it in their stories? Polls are a great way to jump in and capture their attention. By incorporating polls and sharing tips and tutorials, you can encourage your followers to interact with your content and build a stronger relationship with them.
Polls are a great way to spark conversation and get your followers involved in the decision-making process. You can use them to gather feedback, get a sense of your audience’s preferences, or simply entertain. Here are a few poll questions to get you started:
- Which product do you prefer: A or B?
- What’s your favorite way to relax after a long day?
- What’s your go-to meal prep recipe?
- Which of these vacation destinations would you rather visit?
- What’s your favorite thing about our brand?
Don’t forget to encourage your followers to participate in the polls by including a call-to-action in your caption or by sharing the results in your Instagram Story.
Another effective way to increase engagement is by sharing tips and tutorials that are valuable to your followers. This can help position you as an authority in your industry and build trust with your audience. Here are a few examples of tips and tutorials you can share:
- How to create a DIY face mask using natural ingredients
- Tips for staying focused while working from home
- How to organize your closet like a pro
- Tips for growing your own vegetable garden
- How to create a stunning flat lay for your Instagram photos
After sharing your tips, don’t forget to encourage your followers to try them out and share their results in the comments.
Host Contests and Giveaways
These fun and exciting promotions can capture the attention of your audience and encourage them to interact with your brand, leading to increased brand awareness, social media follows, and customer loyalty.
Contests and giveaways are a great opportunity to engage with your audience and create excitement around your brand. By offering an incentive or prize, you can incentivize your followers to engage with your content and share your brand with their own social networks. Plus, the thrill of potentially winning something is often enough to get people excited and motivated to participate.
Some examples of contests and giveaways that you could host include:
- Photo or Video Contests: Encourage your followers to share photos or videos of themselves using your products or engaging with your brand in creative and interesting ways. Offer a prize for the most creative or engaging submission.
- Caption Contests: Post a funny or interesting photo and ask your followers to come up with the best caption. Choose a winner based on humor or creativity.
- Social Media Challenges: Create a challenge that your followers can participate in, such as a scavenger hunt or a trivia quiz. Offer a prize to those who complete the challenge successfully.
- Giveaways: Offer a prize to a random follower who engages with your content or shares your brand with their own social networks.
According to a survey, contests have a conversion rate of almost 34%, which is higher than other content types. Another study says that brands gain an average of 17500 fans through organizing these campaigns on their fan page.
To ensure that your contest or giveaway runs smoothly, make sure your growth marketing agency clearly outlines the rules and entry, manages entries and selects a winner fairly.qaq
Share Quotes and Inspirational Messages
By sharing positive and motivational words, you can uplift your followers and create a group of like-minded individuals who are focused on personal growth and positivity.
But sharing quotes isn’t just a feel-good strategy – it can also boost engagement and help grow your following.
To get started with your Instagram post ideas, here are some examples of quotes and messages that you can share:
“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
“Believe you can, and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
“The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
And don’t forget to encourage your followers to share their own favorite quotes in the comments. This will not only create a conversation around positivity and inspiration, but it will also help you connect with your audience and understand their interests better.
For example- Kayla Itsines, a personal trainer and entrepreneur, knows a thing or two about motivating others to achieve their fitness goals. Her Instagram posts often feature inspiring messages that resonate with her followers and reflect her brand’s supportive and inclusive ethos.
So if you’re looking for a simple yet effective way to inspire your Instagram followers, consider sharing quotes and inspirational messages. With their universal appeal and the potential to boost engagement, they just might be the missing piece to your social media strategy.
Share Behind-the-scenes Content
Get ready to take your social media game to the next level with this hot tip: share behind-the-scenes content! By giving your followers a sneak peek into what goes on behind closed doors, you’ll help them feel like they’re a part of something special.
According to a survey by Stackla, a whopping 86% of consumers say that authenticity is a key factor when deciding which brands they support. So why not give your followers an authentic look at what happens behind the scenes?
Here are some ideas for behind-the-scenes content you can share:
- Show off your workspace or office
- Share the process behind creating your products or services
- Introduce your team members and highlight their unique personalities
- Give a tour of your facilities or showroom
- Share your personal story and how it led you to where you are today
But why stop there? Encourage your followers to share their own behind-the-scenes stories in the comments. By fostering a follower group that values authenticity, you’ll build a loyal following that’s excited to be a part of your journey.
Share User-Generated Content (UGC)
Sharing content created by your followers not only encourages engagement but also helps to build a sense of community around your brand. In fact, studies have shown that user-generated content can lead to a 28% higher engagement rate compared to other types of content. It’s no wonder why so many successful brands incorporate user-generated content into their social media strategy.
So, what types of user-generated content can you share? The possibilities are endless! Consider featuring customer reviews, fan art, or even user-submitted photos and videos. For example, a restaurant could share photos of delicious meals created by their customers, while a fashion brand could showcase how customers style their products.
To encourage your followers to share their own content, you can do the following:
- Use Hashtags: Make it easy for your followers to share their content with you by using a unique hashtag for your brand. This way, you can easily find and feature their posts on your Instagram account.
- Repost UGC: When you repost UGC, it shows your followers that you appreciate their support and value their opinions. It also encourages more people to share content related to your brand.
- Tag the Original Creator: When you repost UGC, be sure to tag the original creator in your post. This gives credit where credit is due and also helps to build a relationship with the creator.
- Showcase UGC in your Instagram Stories: Instagram Stories are a great way to showcase UGC because they have a shorter lifespan than regular Instagram posts. This means that you can share more UGC without overwhelming your followers’ feeds.
- Highlight UGC in your Instagram bio: Create a highlight in your Instagram bio to showcase the best UGC related to your brand. This makes it easy for new followers to see what your brand is all about.
By using UGC effectively, businesses on Instagram can increase engagement, build a stronger community, and ultimately grow their brand.
Share Funny Content
Did you know that consumers want to laugh when they see or hear an advertisement? Think about it – when was the last time you remembered a boring, unmemorable ad? Probably not very often. But, when an ad makes you chuckle or even laugh out loud, it sticks with you. It becomes a talking point, something you want to share with your friends and family.
The two secrets to boosting brand conversion on Instagram are memes and humor.
Speaking of humor, the Dollar Shave Club ad is a perfect example of this. It features the company’s CEO, Michael Dubin, in a quirky and irreverent way, poking fun at traditional razor companies and their exorbitant prices. The ad’s humor is relatable, witty, and unexpected, making it memorable and shareable.
But the humor doesn’t just stop at the ad itself. It’s a core part of the brand’s identity and is woven throughout its website, social media, and product packaging. This consistency creates a cohesive and memorable experience for the customer, which ultimately leads to brand loyalty and conversions.
Another magical element in driving engagement on Instagram is memes – they have taken over the platform, and for a good reason – they’re funny, relatable, and shareable. In fact, a study by Forbes says that the click-through-rate (CTR) of a meme campaign is 14% higher than email marketing.
That’s right, sharing memes and funny content can boost your mood and the mood of those around you. Plus, it can help break up the monotony of the day and provide a much-needed distraction. Some popular examples include “distracted boyfriend” memes, “woman yelling at a cat” memes, and “baby Yoda” memes.
Host Instagram Takeovers
Ready to take your Instagram game to the next level? It’s time to spice things up with an Instagram takeover! By bringing in an influencer or guest to take over your account for a day or week, you can skyrocket your engagement and draw in a whole new crowd of followers.
Don’t just take our word for it – a survey by Mediakix found that 80% of marketers have seen the incredible impact of influencer marketing. And with Instagram being the hottest platform for influencer collaborations, it’s the perfect place to start your takeover journey.
Imagine having a top influencer in your industry sharing your content and bringing in their loyal following to your page. One standout example was when beauty powerhouse Sephora teamed up with makeup guru Huda Kattan for a takeover. With Huda sharing her tips and tricks, Sephora saw a surge in engagement and gained a heap of new followers.
Or how about when Airbnb joined forces with adventure photographer Chris Burkard? Chris shared stunning shots of Airbnb properties in breathtaking locations, capturing the hearts of a whole new group of travel enthusiasts.
If you still are not convinced, there is a study that says that 93% of marketers stated they’d used influencer marketing within their overall marketing strategy.
Collaborate with Other Brands
Are you looking for new ways to increase your brand’s engagement and reach a wider audience? Collaborating with other businesses or influencers could be just the answer you need! Partnering with other brands or influencers is not just about increasing engagement and reaching for your business. It also allows for the exchange of knowledge and expertise, ultimately leading to innovative and successful marketing campaigns. In fact, according to a study by AMEX, collaborating with other businesses is the key to success. Companies that collaborate five or more times a year see an average savings of $319,000 or an increase in sales of $430,000. That’s not just significant – it’s massive!
Take, for example, the collaboration between Uber and Spotify. By partnering together, Uber was able to offer its riders a personalized in-car music experience, while Spotify gained access to a new audience who may not have previously used their service. This partnership not only increased engagement for both brands but also provided a unique and memorable experience for the customer.
Another example is the collaboration between Nike and Apple. By integrating Apple’s fitness tracking technology into their products, Nike was able to offer a new level of personalized training to their customers while also expanding their reach to Apple’s user base.
To successfully collaborate with other brands or influencers, it’s important to first identify those that align with your brand values and target audience. Then, you can work together to create mutually beneficial campaigns, such as cross-promoting each other’s content on social media, hosting joint events or giveaways, or even creating a co-branded product or service.
Utilize Instagram Live
Gone are the days of staged photos and scripted messages. In the era of Instagram Live, businesses can now engage with their followers in real-time and create a sense of authenticity and transparency like never before. With the click of a button, you can bring your audience behind the scenes, answer their burning questions, and build a stronger connection with your brand.
Here is how you can do it:
- Host Q&A sessions: Nothing gets followers more engaged than a live Q&A session with their favorite brands. Use Instagram Live to answer their burning questions and give them an opportunity to learn more about your brand and its values. This not only allows you to answer any questions your followers may have, but it also gives them an opportunity to learn more about your brand and feel more connected to it.
- Create Buzz around New Products or Promotions: Instagram Live is a great way to create a buzz around new products or promotions. Use it to showcase new releases, offer exclusive discounts or giveaways, and answer any questions or concerns your followers may have. This builds excitement and anticipation and can lead to a boost in sales and engagement.
- Provide Value-Added Content: Use Instagram Live to provide your followers with value-added content that they can’t get anywhere else. This could be in the form of tutorials, how-to guides, or educational sessions that offer insights and expertise from your brand. By providing valuable content, you can establish your brand as an authority in your industry and build a loyal following that keeps coming back for more.
Embrace the power of Instagram Live and start engaging with your audience in a whole new way.
Use Instagram Ads
With their targeted reach, visual appeal, call-to-action buttons, Story ads, and user-generated content, Instagram ads can help businesses create highly engaging and immersive experiences that drive meaningful interactions with their audience.
One of the key benefits of Instagram ads is their ability to target specific demographics, interests, and behaviors, which means you can reach the right people at the right time with the right message. And when you pair that with visually stunning ads that showcase your brand’s unique style and personality, you have a winning combination that captures your audience’s attention and encourages them to engage with your content.
But that’s not all – Instagram ads come with call-to-action buttons, such as “Shop Now,” “Learn More,” or “Sign Up,” which give your audience a clear and actionable next step. And with Story ads, businesses can create immersive and interactive experiences that use features like polls, quizzes, and swipe-up links to encourage engagement in a fun and meaningful ways.
That’s it. These are some of the best ways you can increase your Instagram reach. Remember, there is no one-size-fits-all solution for increasing engagement on Instagram. Experiment with different strategies to see what works best for your brand and audience.
Get Your Instagram Right with These Great Instagram Post Ideas!
Always remember that engagement is not just about the number of likes or comments; it’s about building a loyal fan base that is invested in your brand and willing to advocate for. By consistently posting high-quality content, using hashtags, collaborating with other brands, leveraging Instagram Live and Instagram ads, and engaging with your followers, you can grow your reach and build a loyal audience that is highly engaged with your brand. So don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with new growth marketing strategies – with a little effort and dedication, you can take your business’s Instagram game up.